Caregiver in Newport Coast CA
Technology has made caregiving a much more efficient and advanced role, allowing these caregivers to provide the innovative care they are in need of. Technology is something that many caregivers have said they are interested in using (71 percent to be exact). However, the biggest roadblock to their ability to use apps and other devices is the cost. However, there are many options available that cost little to no money.
When determining what technological tool or app is the right choice for you, here are some things to take into consideration when making your choice.
- What would you be comfortable using? Everyone has a different comfort level, some are more advanced than others. In order to determine the right apps for your needs, think about how comfortable you would be using each one and on what devices (tablet, smartphone, computer, etc.).
- Can the apps sync on different devices? Some people find it comforting knowing that their apps can sync with their iPad, smartphone, or other devices. This is especially important if you find it easier to use one part of the app on one device and the other part on a different one.
- Security level. Security is important, especially since personal information is being entered into these apps. Research each app by looking up reviews in order to find out if any other user has found any problems with its security, like having strangers looking up private information.
- How helpful is customer service? When you are just starting out with a new app, you may have tons of questions. The friendliness and helpfulness of customer service will give you a better idea as to whether or not you want to continue using their products. Also, find out if there is a 24-hour hotline or a live chat option on their website.
- Who will be using it? If your elderly loved one will be using the app, they will have different technological needs than you, the caregiver, may have. Think about who will ultimately be using the product before adding it to your device.
- Ease of use. Having an app that is simple to use and has easy-to-understand instructions will make it much easier to navigate and use these new apps.
Apps can make the job of the caregiver or senior care provider much more efficient and organized, but it is important that you search for the right one. Think about these features when making that big decision.
If you or an aging loved one are considering senior care in Newport Coast, CA, please contact the caring staff at Canaan Home Care today! 1-844-CANAAN-1 (1-844-226-2261)